[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk bandwidth tuning?

Miguel Ruiz Velasco Sobrino miguelrvs at yahoo.com.mx
Wed Jan 19 11:30:34 MST 2005

Well, I don't know how to tune it more, it connects at about that rate in a mediocre
rural landline.

ILBC uses samples of 30ms, so if you set the trunkfreq set to 20 you will be using more
of the necesary scarce bandwidth AND dropping sample info in each frame, thus making
audio choppy and unclear.

Make shure to disallow all codecs and then allow only ILBC or lpc10 (search for it in
iax.conf), use the one that gives better results in your case.

lpc10 uses 20ms samples, so you can not allow at the same time both!!.

if you cannot connect at least at about 20kbps, your audio will suffer, and from mi
experience, at 16kbps the audio becomes so distored that is very difficult to understand
the other party.