[Asterisk-Users] Fax and PRI

Keith Burns kburns at porchlightcom.com
Wed Jan 19 19:20:36 MST 2005

In a previous company, we had issues with selling "Fax-o-IP" services
varying from the ability of CPE to support the correct NSE values and
recognize the difference between G3 ("standard" fax) and Super G3 ("more
like a modem" fax) through to the gateway's ability to turn echo-can's
on and off based on the fax type.

Fax is SOOOOO sensitive to packet-loss, NSE response, the
disabling/enabling of echo-can's based on G3/Super-G3...

I have a pretty decent white paper I found on this subject I can forward
to those that are interested offline (kburns at cartwheelglxy.com)