[Asterisk-Users] RE: how to manage Digium TDM04B outgoing calls

Wed Jan 19 17:11:27 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 15:55 -0700, Jason Kawakami wrote:

> So if you think the server can handle 5 TDM400P cards let me know. If
> not what FXOs device I should purchased? I don't want to switch to PRI
> for now (I know it would be easier to setup that way) as will be moving
> to a new building in a year or so and don't want to invest on that for
> now (as there's only one PRI provider where we are currently)

I would suggest keeping the fax lines out of asterisk, and thereby
reducing the number of FXO/FXS cards on the server.

I would also suggest that while it is possible to do something, it is
not always wise :) See the significant volumes of reports in the
archives regarding multiple zaptel cards in one system. (PS, someone
used to keep piping up about not having this problem with yellow dog
linux on a mac, but I personally know nothing about it .....

Regards,
Adam
Adam Goryachev
Website Managers