[Asterisk-Users] ztdummy issues on new asterisk install

Jake Franklin jfranklin at telefund.com
Wed Jan 19 15:43:45 MST 2005

Hello list

I'm having some trouble getting * to recognize ztdummy on a new install
(Fedora Core 3).

I installed the module, and it shows up when I do an 'lsmod':
Module                  Size  Used by
ztdummy                 3796  0
zaptel                206852  1 ztdummy
crc_ccitt               2113  1 zaptel

I did 'service start zaptel' and everything appears cool.

However, in *, I keep getting the messages:

Jan 19 15:29:53 WARNING[15818]: Unable to open IAX timing interface: No
such file or directory
Jan 19 15:29:53 WARNING[15818]: Unable to support trunking on peer
'txlink' without zaptel timing

I deleted /etc/zaptel.conf (as was recommended when I searched the
lists), but * still won't recognize ztdummy.

Any hints or advice would be greatly appreciated.  I'm probably just
forgetting something stupid...

Thanks again,
Jake