[Asterisk-Users] Prefered server hardware

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Tue Jan 18 09:07:07 MST 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Daniel Nyström wrote:

> Are you using dual PSU's or something? What redundance do you have on
> your system? Do you use any channel banks? Is it only telco connections
> on the TE405P? I will use one E1 from the telco, and one from Asterisk
> to the Adit. Is it enough with one TE405P, or should I use two different
> cards?

Single PSU only. It is not _that_ critical. Actually, it is a very small
1U machine so it does not have a dual PSU option. It does fit nicely in
the telecom rack though. :-)

We use a pbx connected via an E1 PRI isdn as a front end, no channel bank.
In your case you most certainly want to have both connections on the same
TE405P card. The TE405P can bridge calls internally, leading to a very low
lateny and no jitter or timing problems at all.

Make sure the Adit handles the same speech encoding (Alaw or mulaw) as
your telco uses. If they are different asterisk can not bridge on the
card.

Peter