[Asterisk-Users] Problem with demo on asterisk

bozidar at mt.net.mk bozidar at mt.net.mk
Tue Jan 18 07:21:55 MST 2005

Hi
I installed Asterisk on WhiteBox Enterprise Linux 3.0 respin 1
The process of installation was the following: First I compiled and installed
Zaptel, in order to have ztdummy (uncommented in Makefile). I loaded the
ztdummy (modprobe ztdummy) and then i installed Asterisk:
make
make install
make configuration
make samples

I started Asterisk, and created one SIP account, with the following settings:
sip.conf:
[sipphone-1]
 type=friend
 host=dynamic
 dtmfmode=inband
 username=sipphone-1
 secret=blablabla

extensions.conf
exten => 100,1,dial(SIP/sipphone-1)

then I issued a reload on the asterisk command console
I am using X-lite as SIP softphone. I configured the SIP proxy as given
on the instructions on the site
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+phone+xten+xlite

I dialed the 1000 extension, and got connected, but there is no sound. I
know that i should hear the demo comunication, but there is no sound. What
am i doing wrong?

Any help is welcome

Regards
Bozhidar