[Asterisk-Users] Re: fax over tdm400p

Sergio mlists at c-net.it
Tue Jan 18 06:29:56 MST 2005

>>I'm unable to get faxes working over tdm400p (4fxs modules)
>>Too many errors sending and receiving faxes with an analog fax
>>1) echocancel=no on the zap channels
>>2) ztmonitored the channel for a good/low audio volume
>>

>I can now send faxes just fine, but I cannot for the life of me get reliable
>fax reception, nor can I get the stamp machine to work well.  I took out the

thanks for the reply andrew.
Yes the fax "sometimes" works sending and receiving but it's not working
as I was expected.
Something wrong in the TDM or in the drivers.
Maybe it's just a low power problem
I will try to change the pci slot and the power connector but I think
tdm is good for voice not for data.

>My solution was to use app_rxfax() and some glue to have faxes automatically
>converted to PDFs and placed in a samba share.

yes I was trying it out. I'm using an  eicon diva with integrated
softmodem and I can use capiAnswerFax but I would be able to use an old
analog fax.
Maybe I should buy one of those sip->fxs converters

Sergio