[Asterisk-Users] DTMF Decode - this doesnt make sense :-)

Peter Illmayer pete at jbo.com.au
Tue Jan 18 05:01:09 MST 2005

Hello ALL

This is bending my head and I'm hoping someone can help.  Call flow as follows

Sipphone -> sipphone.com -> asterisk -> sipura 3000 (PSTN port)

the sipphone is calling to my pstn line on the sipura.  Works FANTASTIC, pin
number on sipura entered, DTMF to PSTN decoded and number dialed, no problems !

IN the configurations below, the supra cant decode the DTMF, nor can the
remote asterisk box decode the extension properly for the PSTN gateway

mobile -> ipkall.com -> sipphone.com -> asterisk -> sipura 3000
mobile -> sipura 3000 -> asterisk -> sipphone.com -> asterisk -> sipura
sipphone -> asterisk -> sipphone.com -> asterisk -> sipura

Using asterisk -vvvvc I see broken extension numbers ie: if it was extension
7010, it decodes 73, 0 701 etc

With a straight sipphone in the top example, it works 100% reliable.  If
anyone could help I'd surely appreciate it as I'm out of ideas !

Regards..Pete