[Asterisk-Users] Dial Plan Agents (1 of 2) agent-dialplan.conf

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Tue Jan 18 00:52:25 MST 2005

Oh i forgot to mention....
I have found a limitation....calls going through the queue system can NOT
be parked properly.  More precisely with my stdexten macro and/or the agent
logic stuff the calls can NOT be rang-back to the original extension.  They
end up (in my example) in from-sip,s,1 which equates to default,s,1 but
they have ALL the internal extensions and dial plan.

Why?  Heck if I know.  Somehow the C code loses track of who I'm dialling
and in 1.0.1 chan_park can't find the origianl extension in the event of a
timeout.  Yup you could code aroudn this in the dial plan logic by leaving
some sort of hint, but I don't get why it's missing.

Also don't put a /n at the end of the Dial(Local...) stuff in the
AgentCallBack macro, it will cause zombies, lots of them, and weird
behaviour of 7940 and 7960 SIP phones.  Why?  Again, don't know.  I'm
simply saying 'here there be dragons' and not going in there :)

It DOES work and VERY reliably in practice, just there are the above
caveats.  Sorry I forgot them in the original message.