[Asterisk-Users] Dial Plan Agents (1 of 2) agent-dialplan.conf

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Tue Jan 18 00:46:44 MST 2005

Well because I had sooo may problems with chan_agent.c I wrote this. I'm
releasing it under LGPL but if you use it or anything please let me know.
It'd be interesting if anyone finds this more useful than just a pile of
junk.

I've included a (working) example extensions file.  SIP phones are assumed
to have the same identifier as their extension number, but it'd be trivial
to do lookups against the database system using the AgentGetVar bits and
ring a given SIP channel.

PRI's are meant to go to from-pri where the ID is interpreted as an
extension.  Most ring inside lines, but a few specials will get you to an
IVR or directly to a FAX machine attached to an analog Zap channel.

I havent' included the queue or voicemail confs since that's elementary.
voicemail must be configured without passwords AND users have to be
instructed to NOT change the password via VM unless you do more work to fix
that menu.

PArt of the reason for writing this was another thing that makes me want to
use a club, the fact that EVERY bloody module has it's own authentication
bits, so you can't have any shared PINs or anything.  This maddens me to no
end, because of the complexity to users mostly, and the headache to me.
Hopefully dev's will fix this somehow.  I don't h ave the clout to do it,
and probably not the time.

Something like PAM is NEEDED or something that alteast allows ALL the
modules to SHARE some auth mechanisms and password changing mechs.  Must
also be available via dial plans like my stuff does.

In any event...I'm releasing this version atleast under the LGPL.

The features demonstrated and used don't have any bugs that I know of, but
heh, it's only been used and tested in one installation.  Hopefully the
community will have some feedback for me.

--
Undocumented Features quote of the moment...
"It's not the one bullet with your name on it that you