[Asterisk-Users] On Hold music

Mike Sander mike at corporatebankinginternational.com
Mon Jan 17 19:06:14 MST 2005

Do you have Zaptel cards installed? You need to have a timer installed
(whatever that means). If you don’t have a zaptel card, then use ztdummy to
fake one.

You need to download and compile the zaptel drivers (from asterisk website).
Edit the makefile and find the line:

TZOBJS=zonedata.lo tonezone.lo
LIBTONEZONE=libtonezone.so.1.0
MODULES=zaptel tor2 torisa wcusb wcfxo wcfxs \
        ztdynamic ztd-eth wct1xxp wct4xxp wcte11xp # ztdummy
#MODULES+=wcfxsusb

Then remove the “#” before ztdummy

Type Make All
Type Make Install

Add a line to load the module ztdummy on boot using the /etc/rc.d files
The command is modprobe ztdummy

More information at:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-print.php?page=Asterisk+timer+ztdummy

Mike Sander