[Asterisk-Users] Any interest in a Canadian Asterisk mailing list?

Jim Van Meggelen jim at vanmeggelen.ca
Mon Jan 17 11:57:08 MST 2005

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
> On January 17, 2005 11:42 am, Jim Van Meggelen wrote:
>> Anyhow, I signed up, and am planning to start a thread about the CRTC
>> VoIP deliberations (and the generous act performed there by Jeff
>> Pulver), something I wouldn't feel was appropriate on Asterisk-Users.
>> Time will tell how many topics there are to discuss.
>
> I think that's more than relevant here.

Hmmm.

I'd have a hard time appreciating regulatory challenges in regions that
I don't have involvement with, so I assume that the reciprocal is
generally true as well. Granted, I shouldn't presume that everyone
thinks as I do, but people tend to have a limited interest in subjects
that don't directly affect them. I figure technical discussions in
Asterisk-Users are nearly always of some value, while regulatory
peculiarities mostly are not.

Having said all that, I want to stress that I do not feel that I am
right and you are wrong. I not only respect your opinion, but am open to
the possibility that you are correct in your assertion.

For me, however, the separate list seems to have value. It is not
because I want to start a Canadian Club(tm), but more that I would love
to talk about certain subjects of interest to Canadian Asterisk users,
and somehow feel that Asterisk-Users is not the right venue for it.

It's not a matter of right or wrong; more like personal taste, really.

Regards,

Jim.