[Asterisk-Users] NuFone help

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Jan 17 09:53:49 MST 2005

Do you have the ticket # from your support@ email?

> The other problem that I find with NuFone is the CLEC that they are using
> does NOT recognize the new area code splits and their switch is NOT
> programmed properly.  I have a nationwide 800# and noticed that when I
> SetCallerID there are EIGHT area codes that I cannot call from. I am using
> VALID ANIs because I can pickup the 'landline' phone with the same ANI and
> call the number just fine.  What is strange is the there are other
> nationwide 800# that I can call just fine and others that I can't.

Nufone is not "just" a VOIP provider, they are themselves a CLEC if I
understand correctly.

At any rate -- if you have the ticket #s from your support emails then find
JerJer on #asterisk and give him that information and he will bitch-slap the
support staff for not doing their job.  If not... well you didn't go through
the proper channels.

> Anyone else having that problem?

I've been using Nufone since November 2003.  I have never had connectivity,
bad audio or other problems with them that were Nufone's fault.  My support@
emails were all answered promptly with the exception of one, which I tracked
down JerJer and he corrected the problem with his staff.

-A.