[Asterisk-Users] New Sipura-841 phone.Mike volume problem.

Daryll Strauss daryll.strauss at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 21:00:33 MST 2005

Sounds  like you've got a problem with your microphone. I got my
SPA-841 a while ago and the microphone works just fine. I don't have
to scream into it.

I like the phone a lot. I agree with you that the buttons have a
somewhat odd feel. They're sort of rubbery and don't slide like
plastic ones, but they do work just fine.

Another thing that bothered me was that there was no documentation
with the phone. I mailed support about it and they said the docs are
due out early next week and would be available on the support website.
The setup is very much like the other Sipura devices, so the existing
ATA documentation covers most of what you need. I'm curious about
things like custom ring tones, and displaying things on the LCD which
I hope the real manual will explain.

The other question I asked was about intercom support. They claim it's
on their feature list and should arrive in a firmware update some time
this quarter.  That would be a really useful feature for the phone.

The MWI light works with Asterisk. There's a voicemail button you can
program to call whatever number gets you to your voicemail. So those
work nicely together.  Overall it's got a nice set of features for a
business phone at a very reasonable price.

- |Daryll