[Asterisk-Users] New Sipura-841 phone.Mike volume problem.

Ariel Batista arielb27 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 16 20:43:41 MST 2005

Well I just need to say I got my phone last week. Here is my quick review of the phone and hope that someone has a possible fix for it or I will be sending it back.

First the phone is nice looking in my view and it's heavy so it feels like a real desk phone.  But it has these stick, gummy or I really don't know how to describe the bottoms on the phone.  There good size but when you press them they feel like they are dirty with some sticky stuff on them. They don't get stuck but feel that way.

Here is my problem.  The mike is really bad on the phone. It's not the hand set or the plugging via the 2.5 plug on the side. It's something to do with the phone hardware internal.  I can tap on the mike and I hear a faint tap on the other end. But unless you scream into the handset or mike they can't hear you.  I need to see if there is some type of fix for this.

Registration and setup is just like all of the Sipura devices via the web. In fact most of the setting are almost line by line like the Sipura 2100.  Looks great on how they did that.