[Asterisk-Users] sound-recorder crash when I start Asterisk

chawki hammoud cyhammoud at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 16 04:32:25 MST 2005

My problem used to come and goe without knowing the
cause and the remedy .But now it is consistent.
Each time I boot my Redhat9, I get the error message
["gnome-sound-recorder" (process #) has crashed due to
fatal error (Aborted)]. After I close the error window
and open the application "Sound Recorder" from the
start menu, I am able to record my voice and play it
back.
When I make a third party VOIP call, I can hear the
person I am calling, but he can't hear me. When I go
back and check the "Sound Recorder", I can't record
and play my voice. The application crashes and I can't
close the window without rebooting the system.
I greatly appreciate any help, I am still a newbie to
both linux and Asterisk