[Asterisk-Users] Remote Voicemail Retrieval...

Philippe Daoust pdaoust at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 14 21:03:36 MST 2005

Hello list,

I want to listen to voicemails on my * box from a phone that is not
local to my pbx.  I.e., from my cellphone or my PSTN work line etc.  I'm
aware that I can forward VM to email or use a web interface but that is
not always practical.

Other than doing an IVR type arrangement or a phone number dedicated to
VM access is there a way to do this?  On my old POTS line I used to be
able to call my line and simply punch "*" during unavailable message
playback to go to the equivalent of voicemailmain().  Is there a way to
do this in *?

Thanks!