[Asterisk-Users] Problems with a combination of AVM B1 and HFC-S on Kernel 2.6.x

Uwe Betz Jui at familie-betz.de
Fri Jan 14 16:10:00 MST 2005

Hello List!

Several users of a german VoIP-Forum experience the following similar
problems when using CAPI with an active ISDN-Card AVM B1 PCI connected
to the PSTN and a HFC-S in NT-Mode used as an "internal" S0-Bus to
connect ISDN-Phones.

The problem is, that when making a phone call from an ISDN-Phone
connected to the HFC-S-Card that is meant to be routed to the PSTN
through the AVM B1, the voice quality is very bad. It sounds as if
someone has a really bad, bad cold.

What makes us wander is, that if a call is made from a SIP-client
through the AVM B1 to the PSTN, everything ist fine. Calls between
SIP-clients and ISDN-Phhones connected to the HFC-CArd are also ok.

In addition one user found that if one monitors/records a phonecall made
from an ISDN-Phone to the PSTN through the AVM B1, the recorded sound is
also fine, only the "live" sound is that bad and we have no more ideas
what to try to figure out where the problem is.

What we heard, but we still have to verify this is, that on a Linx with
Kernel 2.4 everything seems to work. But this is still unverified. The
Kernel is 2.6.8 in my case the actual updated Kernel of a SuSE 9.2
Distribution.

We were also testing different Motherboards and made sure that there are
no IRQ-Conflicts between HFC and AVM card, etc. The Test-Systems had no
load and are running smoothly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jui