[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk for voicemail -> C2611XM, 7940 & 7960 phones

Stafford A. Rau srau at rauhaus.org
Fri Jan 14 14:44:30 MST 2005

Hello,

My group at work has a test voip deployment, using a Cisco 2611XM with
FXO and FXS modules, and a small number of Cisco 7940 and 7960 ip
phones. This is working today, with outgoing calls going over a pair of
POTS lines on the 2611XM.

I would like to add an asterisk server to the mix, just to add voicemail
(at least for starters).

The phones, router, and asterisk server are all on seperate private
internal networks.

I'm very new to all things voice, and have been digging in to the
various asterisk docs as fast as I can absorb them.

I could use push in the right direction, and some sample configs would
be even better.

Thanks,
--Stafford