[Asterisk-Users] Polycom SoundPoint IP by Shoreline

B. J. Bomar bbomar at raccoon.com
Fri Jan 14 11:20:35 MST 2005

I have also purchased Shoreline IP100's, and they are functionally the same
as the Polycom SoundPoint IP500's.  In regards to your questions, I can
answer three of the four.

1. I believe you can get MGCP to work with asterisk, but I just went ahead
and updated to the SIP image.
2. Not sure on that one.
3. I'm not sure it's preferred, but the SIP image works well for me.
4. The "correct" answer is to get the images from your Polycom reseller, but
you can go to http://www.freedomphones.net/polycom/files/ and get a SIP and
boot loader image there.

You probably also want to take a look at
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Polycom%20Phones.  There is
lots of helpful info on that page.

B. J.