[Asterisk-Users] Streaming Audio - Music On Hold Feature

Ken Godee ken at perfect-image.com
Fri Jan 14 08:04:57 MST 2005

Justin Richards wrote:

> I have not used any M$ products, but it works with shoutcast like this:
>
> default => quietmp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3-empty,http://host.com:8000/
>
> basically, create an empty directory to point it to first, then the
> url to the stream.
>
> If the microsoft stream can be played via url in winamp in MP3 format,
> then it should work about the same.

Justin,

How are you keeping the mp3 stream open?

My mpg client connections are closing after about 30-105 secs.
The moh/mpg processes remain running and moh works fine
but they're just looping whatever has been
previously streamed before connections dropped.

Is this not happening on your system?
It is doing this on v1.0.3