[Asterisk-Users] Streaming Audio - Music On Hold Feature

Justin Richards driise at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 19:07:15 MST 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 16:50:12 -0700 (MST), Dan Adams
<l-asterisk at infochi.com> wrote:
> I was wondering, does anyone know if it is possible to have a stream of
> audio coming from a Microsoft compressed audio stream fed to the caller if
> they are placed on hold and if so how might this be done?

I have not used any M$ products, but it works with shoutcast like this:

default => quietmp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3-empty,http://host.com:8000/

basically, create an empty directory to point it to first, then the
url to the stream.

If the microsoft stream can be played via url in winamp in MP3 format,
then it should work about the same.