[Asterisk-Users] I Don't Want Asterisk in the Media Path

Dhennys Pestana list at pestana.com.br
Thu Jan 13 21:16:53 MST 2005

Hi everybody.

I'm trying to find a way to connect two (or more) extensions directly without
being kept in the middle during the conversation but it won't happen.

The purpose here is to have asterisk running on a low bandwidth (128Kbps)
internet connection just as some kind of a proxy between some ip phones with
high speed (10Mbps) internet connections.

SER is not an option, for now. I'm planning to have Asterisk and SER working
together in a near future.

I read a few documents (and comments) on the web regarding the reinvite option,
but I wasn't succesfull.

In my scenario, both ends have the same configuration: G.711 codec, no nat,
non-private ip address, canreinvite=yes.

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. At this point, even
jokes...

Thanks in advance,

-Dhennys