[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream Bugetone 101 & mwi

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Thu Jan 13 15:53:46 MST 2005

dean collins wrote:

> In addition I currently have a $2,000 bounty for a video version of
> Meetme and haven't had a single person even reply to take up the
> challenge.
>
> How much more encouragement do you need?

One of the hardest things for traditional enterprise types to understand
about Open Source is that the methodology seems to run counter to the
notion that "everyone has his price."

OS programmers tend to be more motivated by the intrinsic
interestingness of a given piece of functionality than by someone else
waving $$ in front of their eyes.  This tendency seems verified by your
complaint.

Hopefully soon the wider capitalistic market will kick into gear, and
the possibility of selling a lot of books will motivate people to write
the documentation that you seek.  In the interim, no amount of criticism
of the Asterisk community (such as the remark that elicited my initial
response) is likely to get you much beyond being in people's doghouses
for your lack of tact.

I know of several such efforts that are currently underway.  The results
should start becoming available in the near future.

B.