[Asterisk-Users] Operator Panels?

Julien Goodwin asterisk-lists at studio442.com.au
Wed Jan 12 21:25:25 MST 2005

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 08:07:11AM -0600, Matt Schulte arranged a set of bits into the following:
> Ok, we're trying to use Asterisk as a PBX in our office. Our original
> plan was to use a Cisco 7960 with a 7914 attached. Short story is, no
> one updated chan_sccp in a long time and the 7914 is questionable at
> best anyway from what I've heard. We couldn't ever get chan_sccp to
> compile, I went to an older version of Asterisk and that broke some of
> our SIP devices. We tried using a couple soft panels listed on the Wiki,
> the only one easy enough to use was Asternic. And we found also that is
> buggy and doesn't function correctly with the new Asterisk. Any
> Suggestions?

What was your problem with chan_sccp? There's only one small issue I
know of in the code (already fixed, I just haven't committed it to CVS).

Although the biggest issue with using it would be that chan_sccp doesn't
yet have hint support (it's forthcoming once I get my new phone
delivered this week).

Thanks,
Julien Goodwin
chan_sccp developer