[Asterisk-Users] Re: [Asterisk-biz] SS7 and Asterisk solution

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Wed Jan 12 05:13:46 MST 2005

Tracy R Reed wrote:

>On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 10:44:19PM -0300, Bartosz Jozwiak spake thusly:
>

>>We are looking for commercial solution SS7 with Asterisk.
>>It does not need to be "build-in" with Asterisk.
>>Could anybody suggest something?
>>

>I see a lot of people asking for asterisk and ss7. Just what exactly do
>these people intend to use SS7 for? There are other platforms you can buy
>which do speak SS7 for not unreasonable money. Asterisk seems like it
>might be the wrong place to be putting SS7.

For many people SS7 is simply a requirement they have no control over.
Asterisk is a perfectly good platform for many SS7 users. You must be
very rich of you think many SS7 solutions are not unreasonably priced.
On the other hand, we have a very reasonably priced solution for SS7 on
Asterisk :-)

Steve