[Asterisk-Users] internal caller id on analog phones connected tozap

Shoval Tomer shoval at softov.co.il
Tue Jan 11 10:24:40 MST 2005

They're connected to Digium cards.
How do I set it in Zapata.conf? everything we tried didn't work.
Here's an excerpt:

signalling = fxo_ks
context = internal
threewaycalling = yes
transfer = yes
group = 1
pickupgroup = 1
mailbox = 202
channel => 2

this channel is connected to an analog phone with an LCD display.

How do I make it show caller id?

> If you use Digium then you set it in zapata.conf, if you use an ata
> the setting should be in the ata.
> BTW, how is FC3 working out?

We decided to go with FC 2 as it supports SATA and seems more stable.
Asterisk compiled just fine on FC 2.
We had to use modprobe for the wcfxs drive instead of insmod (we're
using STABLE 1.0.3, not CVS-HEAD)
During the time it took to download it there, I downloaded FC 3 here,
and asterisk compiled just fine. So did zaptel, but I had no Digium
hardware to test with.
As soon as I will I'll post to the list.

> Shalom Ubracha V'Chodesh Tov

Thanks (TODA RABA)