[Asterisk-Users] ACD Queues & Agent Status

Ronald Hartmann RHartmann at nnamtraH.com
Tue Jan 11 10:04:13 MST 2005

Good Day List,

	I am finalizing my research on the ACD Ques and have (what I
hope to be) one last hurdle.

	Is there any feasible way to determine if a que has agents
currently available to take a call.

	I have looked at the Show Queues, show queue "quename", show
agents.... and they all give me pieces,
	However, for example lets say that Agent-1, and Agent-2 belong
to Group1.....

	When I perform "show queue myqueue" it only shows me that
Agent/@1 is logged in... it does not tell me
	Which agents are in that group, nor does it tell me if they are
accepting calls.

	Further, is there a way to determine if an agent is in the
WrapUptime Mode?

	Any url links would be helpful.

	Ultimately what I am looking to do is as follows.

	In my dialplan, I want to be able to check for agent
availability, and then play a "your being placed in que",
	If there are no agents immediately available to take a call.
Then pass the call to the Queue() application.
	However, if there is an agent immediately available to take a
call I will not play a file.

	Example:

		[que-test]
		exten => s,1,Answer
		exten => s,2,SetMusicOnHold(default)
		exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5
		exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,10
		exten => s,5,   IF AGENTS ARE AVAILBLE TO TAKE CALL
GOTO6 ELSE GOTO5
		exten => s,5,Background("your call is being placed in
the Support Que please hold for an agent")
		exten => s,6,Queue(techsupport)
		exten => s,7,Playback("All Agents are busy, please leave
your name and callback number")
		exten => s,8,VoiceMail(SUPPORT_MAILBOX)     ;

	Final Thought,

	Is it possible to Set the Que up such that it plays a special
recording every X interval.

	Currently it will play musiconhold,
	Then at specific intervals it can tell the caller where they are
in the que and hold times.

	I would like to be able to Also at certain intervals play a
recording stating.....

	If you would like to leave a call back number please press X
now.....

	Etc.

Thanks for your time in reading this note..... I am sure that as soon as
I send this it will turn into a RTFM dummy....

But I have googled and wikied my fingers to the bone and now require
some outside direction.

Ron.