[Asterisk-Users] Sip to IAX ok, ZAP to IAX FAILS

Ernie Ankele ernie at ankele.net
Mon Jan 10 18:23:17 MST 2005

Hello,
Could someone give me clues where to figure out this problem?
If I call from a Sip client to an Firefly client running IAX, the call
connects fine, no problems.
I can connect to asterisk using any codec (excepting g.729) on firefly
to voicemail and music-on-hold, other sip extensions and everything
works fine.
If I try to connect to the same client via a ZAP channel (X100P clone),
via Dial(IAX2/XXXX) I get an error :

Jan 10 18:07:26 WARNING[1378]: chan_iax2.c:6017 socket_read: Call
rejected by xx.xxx.xxx.xxx: No compatible Codecs

I just updated asterisk to cvs-head-1-10-2005. All codecs are allowed
in IAX.conf and all codecs are enabled on Firefly.
I have tried everything I can think of- only enable gsm, only
gsm+G.711, all codecs on firefly. Same results.
Anyone else with this issue?
Thanks, Ernie