[Asterisk-Users] Any movement on IAX being submitted to a standards body?

Jason Becker jason at coalescentsystems.ca
Mon Jan 10 18:20:55 MST 2005

Hi All,

I'm aware of this statement by Mark circa July 2004:

-begin-

SIP is an IETF standard. While there is some fledgling documentation
courtesy Frank Miller, IAX is not a published standard at this time.

-end-

And the thread "How far is IAX to be a Standard" circa November 2004. It
is not my intention to start a protocol war; I was discussing IAX and
SIP with an Editor at ZDNet and the question came up - I just wanted to
provide him with the current status of the effort (if one is underway).

Thanks.

Regards,
--
Jason Becker