[Asterisk-Users] Generic modem question

Mon Jan 10 18:15:03 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 18:50 -0600, Henry Devito wrote:

> Does asterisk support the intel 537/md3200 chipset?  I don't want to start
> any flames here, I know all about using generic crap in asterisk,[*]  which
> I really don't approve of other than for testing, but I have a customer
> demanding a generic chipset for his one backup analog line.  He will not
> spend the money for a Digium card and says he will find another
> company if I can not provide a generic FXO port.

IMHO, charge them for the 3 hours time it will take you to find,
purchase, and install the generic card, and then just install a digium
X100p card. Add the $20 for the generic card, plus the $10 delivery, and
you are probably in front anyway.

You are happy, the customer is happy, and case is closed.

Just my opinion :)

Regards,
Adam