[Asterisk-Users] Power Failure, Line Switch, Relay device

Shawn L. Djernes shawn at djernes.org
Mon Jan 10 15:00:23 MST 2005

She already has the if all else fails button.  It is like a life alert and
seizes the line in such a manor that blocks any internal device from
"hanging the line".

In the circumstance you describe, Asterisk would be back up within a few
minutes so would not be a real problem.  Also the box would have a UPS on it
for most of those circumstances.

It would have been cool if Digium had thought of this when designing the FXS
/ FXO modules and allowed using a Jumper to connect one line to one module
or multiple modules.  The last PC based phone system I used in a company IBM
CT-618/816 had a feature where the card would tie the first trunk to the
first extension when the software was not controlling it or if the power
failed.

Thanks,
Shawn