[Asterisk-Users] Agent Status on FOP

Richard Lyman pchammer at dynx.net
Mon Jan 10 14:10:36 MST 2005

Joe Dennick wrote:
> The hype and documentation for the last couple of releases of the Flash
> Operator Panel claim that the Panel can be configured to either change the LED
> for a phone, or the name of a phone to indicate when that phone is logged into
> a queue.  I've tried on two different versions (0.18 and 0.19) on two
> different systems to get this feature to work, and have been completely
> unsuccessful.  Any hints you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Joe Dennick
> joe at dennick.net

with all the emails about being nice to users, i'll try to not
get too sideways.

it's NOT hype.  it does work, here is a screen shot.
http://www.dynx.net/ASTERISK/op_panel/oppanel8.JPG

my suggestion would be to read the README again (note the
"Requirements" section).

once you get it working 'normally', then look in op_server.cfg
for these..

rename_label_agentlogin = 0;
rename_label_callbacklogin = 0;
rename_to_agent_name = 0;
rename_queue_member = 0;
change_led_agent = 0;

for that screen shot above, i use only
rename_label_agentlogin = 1;
rename_to_agent_name = 1;

set to '1', and agentlogin().

btw:  not sure why i take such offense to your use of 'hype',
maybe it's because it was MY idea to do it.  i hope nicolas has a
few choice words for you also... (pretty please <G>)