[Asterisk-Users] Re: Request to schedule in the past?!?!

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo tih at eunetnorge.no
Mon Jan 10 11:21:11 MST 2005

Jason Goecke <jsgoecke at yahoo.com> writes:

> I have compiled and installed the format_mp3 and
> ensured the module has loaded, but can't seem to get
> it to work.  There does not appear to be anything on
> the subjec of using this add-on on the Wiki.

In /etc/asterisk/musiconhold.conf:

[classes]
[moh_files]
default => /var/lib/asterisk/moh-native

Then, in the moh-native directory, place mp3s recoded by lame thus:

% lame -q -p --mp3input -a --preset 8 -m mono in.mp3 8kout.mp3

Note that this command line adds "-m mono" to the one given in the
README accompanying format_mp3.

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway Hosting
www.eunet.no  T +47-22092958 M +47-93013940 F +47-22092901 FWD 484145