[Asterisk-Users] very loud scratchy noise!

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Mon Jan 10 10:00:14 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 00:29, Rich Adamson wrote:
> > I am new to asterisk but learn a lot about it to this mailing list and
> > wiki currently i am facing problem about sip phone i have "PA 1688"
> > chipset ip-phone and i have iptel.org sip account i registered locally
> > and through iptel.org comfortably my problem is that when i called
> > from my sip phone to analog or any number after connection my sip
> > phone generates very load scartchy noise , i tried several settings of
> > DTMF but all in vein i enabled/disabled DTMF settings but not workin
> > any info any hints any suggestions please ......
>
> You didn't mention what type of analog interface you're using, but
> if it is an x100p or tdm digium card, you are probably seeing the
> same problem that lots of us have seen. If you are using either of
> those two cards, stop asterisk, reload the drivers, and restart
> asterisk. Or, simply reboot the complete system.

I'm getting it with KPhone to a SIP phone even, also to a mobile (cell)
phone through a X101P card.

I'm putting it down to the sound card which I might get around to
changing if I want to persist with KPhone.

> If you're not using one of those two cards, then help us understand
> your system. What OS? What * version? What analog interface? etc.

Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates;
Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>
"When you just want a system that works, you choose Linux;
when you want a system that just works, you choose Microsoft."