[Asterisk-Users] very loud scratchy noise!

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Jan 10 06:29:44 MST 2005

> I am new to asterisk but learn a lot about it to this mailing list and
> wiki currently i am facing problem about sip phone i have "PA 1688"
> chipset ip-phone and i have iptel.org sip account i registered locally
> and through iptel.org comfortably my problem is that when i called
> from my sip phone to analog or any number after connection my sip
> phone generates very load scartchy noise , i tried several settings of
> DTMF but all in vein i enabled/disabled DTMF settings but not workin
> any info any hints any suggestions please ......

You didn't mention what type of analog interface you're using, but
if it is an x100p or tdm digium card, you are probably seeing the
same problem that lots of us have seen. If you are using either of
those two cards, stop asterisk, reload the drivers, and restart
asterisk. Or, simply reboot the complete system.

If you're not using one of those two cards, then help us understand
your system. What OS? What * version? What analog interface? etc.