[Asterisk-Users] Help in E1-T1 encoding

Alejandro G ag10 at fibertel.com.ar
Sun Jan 9 21:16:18 MST 2005

I have an asterisk with a TE110P configured as T1 which is behind a PSTN
gateway. This gateway has an E1 to PSTN and a T1 to asterisk.  This T1 is
configured as Network and * as CPE.

Every call I receive in E1 gateway is directly switched to asterisk using
T1. Remember E1 is alaw. Both E1 and T1 have Natural Microsystems boards
with a very simple software.

When I call to E1 asterisk signalling works fine, receives the call, answers
it and playback a messaage. This message is reproduced with distortion like
when you have an encoding ulaw/alaw error. I tried to configure * T1 in alaw
configuring it in zaptel.conf but the same happens.

If instead of calling from E1 PSTN I use any SIP phone, the message is
normally reproduced without distortion. I could not connect * directly to a
T1 to test it because I do not have the possibilty to have installed one in
Argentina.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Alejandro G