[Asterisk-Users] Connecting Phone To Asterisk

Scott Henderson scott at finite-tech.com
Sun Jan 9 05:21:22 MST 2005

How does the phone know which server's address, did you set this with
DHCP or directly into the phone.  If you already set this information
can you verify it in some way.  If you are not seeing anything on the
server then the phone is most likely not talking to it for some reason.

Daniel Joos wrote:

> Here is the discovery that I have made.
>
> * I can Ping my phone w/o any problems.
> * Near as I can tell, I have set up the phone correctly in sip.conf
> * When I set up sip debug and/or sip debug ip and I reboot my phone, I
> do not see any activity from the server from my phone.
>
> Username     Secret           Accountcode     Def.Context     ACL  NAT
> 1202            <password>
> default             No     No
> 1201            <password>
> default             No     No
>
> Name/username    Host               Dyn    Nat ACL Mask
> Port      Status
> 1202/1202           (Unspecified)
> 0.0.0.0                    5060     Unmonitored
> 1201/1201           192.168.0.10                  255.255.255.255
> 5060     Unmonitored

Scott Henderson
Finite Technologies Incorporated
3763 Image Drive, Anchorage, Alaska 99504
Phone: 907.339.8085 ext 6101, Fax: 907.333.4482
http://www.finite-tech.com
http://www.chillywall.com
http://www.virtuale.cc
http://www.mphage.com