[Asterisk-Users] Unable to create channel of type 'Zap'

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Sat Jan 8 19:58:50 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 12:12, Tim Davidson wrote:
> I've looked around so hard for days now for a solution to my problem.
> I'm new to asterisk but I've managed to get an IAX coinnection working
> to voiptalk.org, ive got sip to sipgate.  But I just can't get my
> X100P clone working.

Have you done modprobe zaptel followed by modprobe wcfxo <- note that
fxo is correct even though the signalling is fxs.

What does lsmod give you?

> I'm running Redhat 9
> It's got IRQ 5 all to itself
> ztcfg likes it :Zaptel Configuration
> ======================
>
> Channel map:
>
> Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
>
> 1 channels configured.
>
> zapata.conf is as described in many howto's:
>   callwaitingcallerid=yes
>   threewaycalling=yes
>   transfer=yes
>   cancallforward=yes
>   callreturn=yes
>   echocancel=yes
>   echocancelwhenbridged=yes
>   ;relaxdtmf=yes
>   rxgain=0.0
>   txgain=0.0
>   group=1
>   callgroup=1
>   pickupgroup=1-4
>   immediate=no
>   busydetect=yes
>   busycount=7
>
> ; PSTN Home Line Context
>   context=telewest-incoming
>   signalling=fxs_ks
>   callerid=asreceived
>   channel=1
>

> Extensions.conf has the following :
>

> [telewest-incoming]
> exten => s,1,Wait,2
> exten => s,2(Dial,SIP/grandstream1,20,tr)
> exten => s,3,Hangup
>
> [telewest]
> exten => _6X.,1,Dial,Zap/1/${EXTEN:1}
>
> When dialing the speaking clok in the UK (123) with the prefix of 6 I
> get this on the * console:
>
> -- Executing Dial("SIP/grandstream1-75e0", "Zap/1/123") in new stack
> Jan  9 01:00:20 NOTICE[10689]: app_dial.c:746 dial_exec: Unable to
> create channel of type 'Zap'
>   == Everyone is busy/congested at this time
>
> Any Help would be verg greatfully received.
>
> Regards
>
> Tim Davidson

Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates;
Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>
"When you just want a system that works, you choose Linux;
when you want a system that just works, you choose Microsoft."