[Asterisk-Users] xmitting CallerID

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sat Jan 8 11:17:28 MST 2005

On January 8, 2005 12:59 pm, Eric Wieling wrote:
> With a PRI you just use the commands to set the CallerID in the
> dialplan.  "show applications".  You can set the number, but not the
> name.  The name will show up on the other end as whatever the telco
> has on file for that number.

Not entirely true.  Bell Canada lets me set CID name to whatever I want and it
shows up on the other end as what I'd set.  Where this stops working is when
the call terminates outside of Bell Canada -- when it leaves the network the
receiving network does the database lookup and overrides my name setting.

I won't forget the day I called my ex at work with my CID Name set to "HINDI
HOTTIES" (519) 690-6969"  :-)

-A.