[Asterisk-Users] xmitting CallerID

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sat Jan 8 10:59:27 MST 2005

Mark Halverson wrote:

> My local Telco uses B8ZSESF and does support PBX customizing ANIs on a per
> call basis.
>
> What I need to know is, can I use the SetCallerID command in extensions.conf
> to transmit the DID# of the extension making the call with the TE410P or is
> there a different one that does support, customizing your ANI.

With a PRI you just use the commands to set the CallerID in the
dialplan.  "show applications".  You can set the number, but not the
name.  The name will show up on the other end as whatever the telco
has on file for that number.

There is no way to set CallerID on non-PRI T-1s without dialplan hacks
and you have to know HOW your provider expects you to send the
CallerID digits.  For example a provider might expect the dialed
digits to be *ANI*NUMBER or something like that.  There is no standard.