[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk calls without soft phones

Christoph Rothe asterisk-users at christophrothe.de
Sat Jan 8 07:06:16 MST 2005

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005, chawki hammoud wrote:

> I have Asterisk running on Linux Redhat9 dstr. I
> subscribed to a third party sip providers to make LD
> calls. Can I initiate a call sessions from asterisk
> CLI> command prompt after I configure extensions.conf
> and iax.conf?

Hi Chawki,

yes you can. You will habe to create the appropriate Extension to Dial
out and you will have to have a look at the oss.conf or alsa.conf (and
that the oss- or alsa-Module is loaded)

After enabling the local Soundcard this way you can simply type "dial
<Extension>" on your local console and be happy.

HTH,

Christoph