[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk calls without soft phones

chawki hammoud cyhammoud at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 8 06:31:22 MST 2005

Hi every one:
I appreciate the conrtibution every one is making and
please forgive me for my question.
I have Asterisk running on Linux Redhat9 dstr. I
subscribed to a third party sip providers to make LD
calls. Can I initiate a call sessions from asterisk
CLI> command prompt after I configure extensions.conf
and iax.conf?
In case I need a soft phone, what is the necessary
configuration that the soft phone needs in order to
make calls via asterisk to the sip provider.
I gratly appreciate your help in advance and I hope my
question doesn't offend any one, but I had to ask
because I need to Know.