[Asterisk-Users] What is acceptable network latency for voip connection?

David Liu david at deltapath.com
Sat Jan 8 06:41:37 MST 2005

Assuming the network loading is fairly constant, 300ms latency is actually not
noticeable unless you put both phones next to your ears to compare.

Latency affects delay while network loading affects voice quality (e.g. break
ups) If the either end of your network is experiencing very bursty traffic
patterns, then even a small latency won't necessarily guarrantee good sound
quality.

David Liu
Hong Kong

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 14:26:10 +0100, Wilson Pickett wrote