[Asterisk-Users] What is acceptable network latency for voip connection?

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 06:26:10 MST 2005

> I would like to know what would be acceptable latency
> on a connection to the termination server( but still
> having good quality voice )

It's pretty hard to answer that except with a subjective appreciation.
I have had very good one hour talks with the figure being 250-350 for
the distant user measured by * and 30-60 for me. There are almost
always occasional breakups but I think they have more to do with
network loading on one end of the other.