[Asterisk-Users] Sipura SPA-1001 and Tivo Series 1

Walt Reed asterisk at linuxguy.com
Fri Jan 7 06:45:39 MST 2005

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 11:50:40PM -0500, David Ishmael said:
> What about when users switch to 100% VoIP?  I've been considering getting
> DirecTV with the HD PVR and I've heard it can't use broadband, in a case
> like that I would have to route a modem call through VoIP (or is there a
> better way I'm just not seeing).

I've thought about this a little... It would be interesting to see if
you could setup an spa2000 with a dialplan that calls another modem on
the second port, and fake the PPP session. Maybe, just maybe, with the
call being local to the device you can get it to work.

Or some kind of T38 type solution...

(BTW, your mail client doesn't quote properly. If running outlook, you
can install quotefix to fix it.)