[Asterisk-Users] T.38 Passthrough

Gene Willingham gwillingham at comcast.net
Thu Jan 6 18:47:28 MST 2005

Hi,

I am interested in a solution that allows asterisk to passthrough T.38 fax
support.  I do not need to actually handle the fax myself.  Here is a brief
description of the setup.

ATA (T.38 support)  => SIP => asterisk => iax => asterisk => SIP => Lucent
Softswitch with T.38 support.

Notice the ATA device and the Softswitch both support T.38.  The asterisk
boxes are being used for user authentication and registration.  What I am
looking for is someway to passthrough the T.38.  I know it looks easier than
it is, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Gene