[Asterisk-Users] Numbering plan for incoming call CLID on chan_zap (PRI)

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Fri Jan 7 02:52:52 MST 2005

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Roger Schreiter wrote:

> whatever dialplan I'm using for outgoing calls via
> PRI (Digium card, chan_zap), the callerid when receiving
> calls has no leading zeros, which are normally used to distinguish
> local, national and international calls in Europe.
>
> The number has always the area code in front, but the
> country code only for foreign calls.

This is normal for isdn, the numbers are distinguised by their
"Type of number" and "Numbering plan" which are sent along with the actual
digits.

> Now I'm looking for any mean to decide, whether the
> received callerid begins with a country code and thus
> comes from another country or is domestic.
>
> Is there maybe any variable indicating this?

Yes, "CALLINGTON", but it is broken at the moment in cvs. I have a patch
that works for us. Perhaps you can try it as well before I submit it?
Contact me off-list if you are interested.

Peter