[Asterisk-Users] OT: TE405P pins and slots

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Jan 6 18:46:05 MST 2005

On January 6, 2005 05:17 pm, Matthew Boehm wrote:
> What are the 2 expansion slots for? I see a group of pins at the top called
> 'timing'; what they are for? There is a small dial called 'ident'; whats it
> for? I'm guessing that the pins labeled 'test' are for manuf testing of the
> card.

I imagine the "Expansion" is for more spans -- nothing has been designed for
them at this point.  Timing is likely for carrying timing across multiple
cards, Test for testing and ident is for card order when multiple cards are
inserted into one system.

> Card looks very well manufactured. Kinda hard to believe that it costs
> $1,500 when a SCSI RAID card that has more hardware on it costs about 1/2
> that.

Do *you* have a mass-produced quad-span PRI card to sell?  I believe the card
is priced for what the market will bear, which is the exact right thing to
do.  :-)

-A.