[Asterisk-Users] 3 site asterisk installation question

Ronald Hartmann RHartmann at nnamtraH.com
Thu Jan 6 18:15:09 MST 2005

Good Day list,

	I have a friend who is interested in implementing an asterisk
implementation at his offices.

	The configuration would consist of the following

	Site A ---- Asterisk Box With 12 incoming lines and 15 phones
		Extensions 101-115
	Site B ---- Asterisk Box With 4 incoming lines and 7 phones
		Extensions 201-207
	Site C ---- Asterisk Box With 4 incoming lines and 6 phones
		Extensions 301-307

	There needs to be 3 sales queues set up.
		Queue_SiteA
			Agent1 is 101 from SiteA
			Agent2 is 102 from SiteA
			Agent3 is 202 from SiteB
			Agent4 is 302 from SiteC
		Queue_SiteB
			Agent1 is 201 from SiteB
			Agent2 is 202 from SiteB
			Agent3 is 102 from SiteA
			Agent4 is 302 from SiteC
		Queue_SiteC
			Agent1 is 301 from SiteC
			Agent2 is 302 from SiteC
			Agent3 is 102 from SiteA
			Agent4 is 202 from SiteB

	He would like to have this system setup such that anytime a call
comes into Site B or Site C, that it is forwarded to an operator group
at Site A.

	When Site A determines that the call needs to go to a sales rep
for site B, they want to be able to forward the call to the
"Queue_SiteB" and operate as such.
		First Ring Agent1, then Agent2 (Both of which are local
to SiteB) then Ring Agent3 who is at SiteA, finally Ring Agent4 who is
at SiteC.

	Will Asterisk allow me to have agents to log into ACD Queues on
different Boxes?  Feasibly agents would be logged into 3 different ACD
Queues 1 which is local to them and
	The other two which are located on a separate box.

	Finally, does Asterisk have the ability to share dialplans
between the boxes?

	Any feedback as to the feasibility of such a creation would be
greatly appreciated.

	PS> They need separate Asterisk Boxes at each site incase the
connection between sites goes down, they want to be able to operate
independently.

Ron